Monday, January 13, 2014

Family Thankful Tree

When Thanksgiving rolls around, it is traditional for a lot of people to spend extra time thinking of all the things they're thankful for. This year I decided to make a Thankful Tree.

I have saved a good stash of the brown paper used in packaging. It worked well for making a tree trunk. I then ripped it into stripped and let my kids twist it and tape it on the wall for branches.

Our family's Thankful Tree


close up of our bag of leaves

I collected some of my kids paintings and traced their hands all over it. Together we all cut out the hands. We gathered them all into a bag I taped at the bottom of the tree. Whenever someone wanted to recognize something they were thankful for, we'd grab a hand from the bag, write on it and tape it onto a tree branch.
 
I'm sorry I forgot to take a picture of the tree full of our thankful branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment