Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A To Do list for my future self

Do you ever tell yourself that you'll take break when all the laundry is over... or you'll sit and read the newspaper when the dishes are done.. but somehow it never seems to happen? Something else always comes up! Well, I thought I'd make a list for my future self. Perhaps I will hold myself accountable to it, perhaps I'll laugh at how naïve I was "back then."

I've got two of my kids in full day elementary school and the last one will not be for 2 more years. It feels now, like when that happens, I should surely have all kinds of free time! Time for a well-deserved break! Here are some of the things to do for myself:

  • Sit at a coffee shop, bringing nothing to do. Just sit.
  • Sit at a coffee shop with a book to read and all day to read it!
  • Meet a friend at the coffee shop.
  • Go to the library and read by the fireplace. Don't check out a single children's book.
  • Take a long bike ride.
  • Go to the park and swing.
  • Go to the park and read.
  • One week, go to the gym every day, Mon-Fri, and be a workout feign.
  • Go to the gym at least 3 times per week regularly.
  • Sit in the hot tub at the gym after a good workout.
  • Have lunch with a friend at least every few weeks.
  • Sit outside in the sun and read.
  • Sit outside in the sun and nap.
  • Nap.
  • Watch The Today Show without needing to pause, turn up the volume, or attend to anyone else's needs.
  • Go to Boulder for an errand and stay until I have to pick the kids up.
  • Go to Boulder to hike for the day.
  • Perhaps I will have a part time day job by then, perhaps not.
I didn't realize how easy it would be to make such a long list! Perhaps I'll keep adding to it over the next two years....

What's on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment